Sony SRS D2.1 speaker system. Woofer plug connections

Diemmess 20:33 13 Dec 2014
Answered

This bargain Amp set has had trouble with the plug to the Woofer. Too much wiggle and broken connections.

In fact though the connection was tidied and a new 4-pin DIN fitted.

The result is that sound is there on both Tweeters, but nothing comes out of the Woofer.

This is how it was when the owner dumped it on me, - he says. As far as possible the coloured conductors were noted, but elder son whose amp this is admits he may have made a mistake at the start. The various flexibles are all pretty well potted or hidden in some block and little shows.

Scouring the Net for pin-out marking of a Sony SIS-D21 shows lots of detail but none of any use identifying which wire goes where. I can use a meter to try all sortsbut ifanyone can help, I will be really grateful.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:13 13 Dec 2014
  Diemmess 10:16 15 Dec 2014
Answer

Had lots of luck and the whole gizmo works again. In effect a new plug, transposed two leads, and away. Like you I suspect, i searched the Net and fund lots of user manuals but this would have been more use as a circuit and

Thank you Fruit Bat /\0/\

You always seem to pop-up to help when things get difficult! Actually this link takes me to a different planet with the hardware bearing no resemblance to the one in trouble, and all of them were of the user manual type not the theoretical. Job done, I'm happy thats it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?