Sony PS3 add your own pics to the background?

LAP 21:35 23 Apr 2007

My son has a PS3 he states you can add your own pics to the background etc. I have given him a memory stick with several pics of his car in all of the formats large as well as small sizes. It still shows 'no images'

I have read several forums some of which just seem to make stupid comments to each other and I have learned nothing.

Can anyone help?

LAP 08:30 24 Apr 2007

^bump^ Please

Ho-Lin-Sok 09:07 24 Apr 2007

Not getting mixed up with skinning are you
click here

Slim Shady 09:23 24 Apr 2007

You can get any image (well, definitely jpeg - it's all I use so I don't know about others) to display on the screen but only temporarily. There is no permanent 'background' function yet. Hopefully Sony will add this in a future firmware update because you can do it with a PSP so why not a PS3? Come on Sony, get it sorted. Select the memory stick and press triangle, select 'show all'. You should (hopefully) see all displayable (!) images. Press X to select one, then the 'PS' button in the middle of the sixaxis and it will be the background. But only for as long as you remain in the XMB. I think. Hope this makes sense - it's too early for me to think properly.

LAP 10:25 24 Apr 2007

Thanks. Ho-Lin-Sok that does look smart, but not what he is looking for.

Slim Shady. Thank you, this looks like the answer and I will pass it on. Thanks again...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017