Sony Photos/Movies conundrum

drumlin 17:23 05 Aug 2007

Sorry a long story. During my recent holiday I seemed to 'lose' about 40 pictures from my Sony Memory stick - at one point they were there, and then a day or two later they had vanished. I had not knowingly deleted them. On returning home Jessops sold me a Rescue disc which did a Turbo scan of my images - this found the 112 I knew about. The software then performed a 'Deep Scan' - this found lots of other stuff - namely some tiny JPEG images which would not open - but also beside each of the JPEG images there was a Movie icon - unfortunately I cannot anything to open these - Quick Time will not nor will Windows Media player nor will the Sony Image Transfer disc. Does anyone out there know what else I can try - or what I did wrong to my Camera - to foul the thing up in the first place ??

Thanks

hastelloy 18:06 05 Aug 2007

It sounds as if you've inadvertently switched the camera to video mode- very easy to do by mistake on some cameras. You could try playing the video on Cyberlink Power DVDVD - free trial from click here

drumlin 21:57 05 Aug 2007

Thanks for your advice Marvin. I have now carried out the download you suggested but to no avail. I think the problem rests with Quick Time but am too much of a numpty to solve it !

Thanks for your help anyway !

skidzy 22:04 05 Aug 2007

I doubt you will open many of the files as they maybe corrupted.
Im guessing they have been over written.

You could try VLC click here

drumlin 14:58 06 Aug 2007

Thanks skidzy - I will give it a go - but am afraid that you are right - files may be beyond recovery !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?