Sony N38E/W laptop recovery disk - Help needed

alpeshxp 11:28 28 Sep 2007

Does any one own a Sony N38E/W laptop - these were recently being sold by PC World and Dixons Group for £499 and are white in color.

I own one but unfortunately managed to wipe the recovery partition in error and did not make a set of recovery disk!

Having taken the laptop back to Sony Centre where it was purchased, they were not very helpful and suggested I contact Sony direct who will sell me the recovery disks for an extortionate sum of £40!

The Sony Centre I purchased laptop from didn't have any N38E/W in stock and therefore were unable to "burn" me a set of recovery disks from a display model.

Thats where any PC Advisor members come in - if any one does have such a Sony N38E/W laptop, could they do me a BIG FAVOUR and burn a set of recovery disks for me from their laptop.

I am willing to send anyone that can help a couple of blank dvds and a self addressed envelope which can then be sent back to me with the recovery disks burnt from their laptop.

Its a relatively straightforward process and can guide anyone if they dont know how to do this

Please note it has to be a Sony N38E/W and not any other Sony N38 model eg N38Z/W

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted - since Im currently left with a useless laptop

ambra4 12:00 28 Sep 2007

Check this site

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?