Sony Microvault 512 memory stick

crumbly1 19:34 11 May 2009

I have a Sony Microvault 512 memory stick (USM 512U2)(purchased in 2005 which has a passlock coded area. Recently I have been unable to enter this area as when I click on the lock the warning "execute FD error" comes up. I then press OK and the warning "initiate resource error #2" appears. I have info on this stick which I cannot afford to lose (pictures of the grandchildren). I have seen several users with the same problem on various help sites but the answer they were given to fix it looked to me as if the information on the stick might be lost. I have written to Sony but have had no answer. I must admit I am not very computer minded and do not understand a lot of the "PC" language. Can anyone help please.

bluto1 21:55 11 May 2009

Has Sony got a forum you could visit. I'm sure they get thousands of emails daily so yours is still in tray number "umpteenth". See if there's a forum, get on there and ask your question again. I'm not kicking this forum, it's the best, and might yet find an answer, but having a backup is what it's about. Good luck mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone