Sony handycam dcr-hc27 will not connect to pc

pinkers 08:52 30 Oct 2007

My pc will not recognise my new sony handycam I am told I need an i.link connection. Is this the same as firewire? If so will my Dell 4500 take a firewire card, or is there a card for i.link Sony have not been very helpfull on this,please help!!
cheers pinkers

johnnyrocker 09:08 30 Oct 2007

click here= it seems according to this site come with a usb?

johnny

Technotiger 09:20 30 Oct 2007

I have exactly the same camera - mine has AV to 3xPhono, USB and Firewire connections. But the Firewire lead is not supplied, that must be purchased separately. I have used all three with no problems on PC and VCR and TV. Have also used camera as a web-cam, but just for fun - I have a dedicated web-cam already.

I think you would get instant result using the USB lead.

paul€ 09:21 30 Oct 2007

this the one? click here

then you need a firewire card.

has the dell machine any spare PCI slots. if it has you can buy a Firewire card, lead and software for around £20.

very easy to fit and configure.

Technotiger 09:31 30 Oct 2007

Hi, see my Response above - the Firewire connection, though available, is not essential - the camera can be connected to PC via supplied USB cable.

Technotiger 09:32 30 Oct 2007

PS - and Yes, that is the one :-)

paul€ 09:34 30 Oct 2007

your computer seems to have 4 PCI slots. So you should have a spare one. click here

Buy a firewire kit that includes all of the above.

Something like this click here or click here

Technotiger 09:35 30 Oct 2007

Oooops - think I'll go back to bed - Ummm, No that is NOT the one. It is as shown in click here

Technotiger 09:42 30 Oct 2007

I'm definitely going back to bed - Grrrr, I have just read through the thread again - AND looked at the Title, it is the one in paul€'s link!!

Mine has the number 37 in it's title - pinkers has the number 27 in his title, hence a slight difference. I must clean my spectacles, too late now to go back to bed :-)

Apologies!

paul€ 09:47 30 Oct 2007

the specifications for that one on the sony site It says it has no usb ports. It says it has no usb terminal.:0

If you look through the accessories page, you will see that the only connectivity leads are for ilink and iv mini, no mention of usb click here
the main page also says the output is iLink and analogue and svideo. click here

pinkers said:-

"My pc will not recognize my new sony handycam "

How did you connect it to the computer. If it does have a usb connection and it has not recognised it, have you put software on the machine to recognise the camera.

paul€ 09:51 30 Oct 2007

i wondered if sony had got it wrong. :-) i just googled it;)

but i missed the bit about pinkers trying to get the computer to see it.

How??????

svideo or has it a usb slot?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?