Sony Handycam DCR-H24

Pinklady1967 22:42 01 Jun 2009

I recently bought a new computer and my Sony handycam will not work on it. The usb lead from the camcorder is not recognised on the computer and after loading the installation CD a message came up about installing macromedia player. I've tried to do this without success.

Does anyone have any idea what I should try next, a download somewhere to try for the drivers or something perhaps?

Many thanks
Pinklady1967

eedcam 05:48 02 Jun 2009

Why not use the firewire connection no ned then for any drivers or cd's just capture to Widows movie maker otr any other editing softwre

awest3 11:17 02 Jun 2009

I had a similar problem with my new computer. went from XP to Vista. I still had my XP system so I knew it worked on that.Below is how I fixed it....It may work for you aswell..I spoke to both Sony and Adobe about the issue...neither wanted to knopw..each blaming the other. I use a firewire connection by the way.

All I did was right click on my computer (from desktop), click on properties, click on device manager, click the plus sign to the left of 'ieee1394 bus host controllers', this should bring up your controller, double click on it, click on the driver tab - this will show you the controller version, mine is 6.0.6001.18000. If the 'Roll back driver' button is available (if no previous driver is loaded on your PC i.e. greyed out) click on it to roll back the driver. If you cannot rollback then you will need to download a driver from one of the various internet sites which provide them....the version above works for me..

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?