Sony DVD recorder GX120 - No Sound

lotte1996 10:51 30 Aug 2007

Can someone help please! I am looking for an idiots guide as I'm losing the will to live with this. What could be the problem if the programme records ok but there's no sound?

ambra4 07:17 31 Aug 2007

The Sony DVD recorder GX120 only has Digital Audio Output Connections no Analog Audio Output Connection

The equipment that you want connects to, must also have Digital Audio Inputs for the sound to work

If equipment does not have a Digital Audio Inputs you need to buy a Digital Audio to Analog Audio Converter

Outputs

Composite Video (CVBS) NO
S-Video NO
Audio Output (L/R) NO
Digital Audio Output (Coaxial) YES
Component Video Output YES
G-Link (STB Control) NO
HDMI (with CIC) NO

Read about How Digital Audio Connections Work

click here

Digital Audio to Analog Audio Converter

click here

lotte1996 08:17 31 Aug 2007

Thank you for your comments but I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean. I am 72 years old and really need a step by step guide. Is there a web site that offers that facility? Or can you explain it again in a differnet way?

ambra4 09:21 31 Aug 2007

Did you read the information on the 2 web site that I listed????

The Different type of Audio and Video Output on electronics equipment these days

The Sony DVD recorders GX120 only have a Digital Audio Output

Older type DVD, Tape Players, TV, Record Players equipment uses an Analog Audio signal 2 RCA sockets, which will allow to connect to any audio equipment using a RCA type cable.

Present day equipment now has both Digital Audio Output and an Analog Audio Output connection

Your Sony Recorder DO NOT HAVE A Analog Audio Output connection

For you to hear the sound you must connect to an amplifier, TV, Mixer, or Sound System that have a Digital Audio Input or use a Digital Audio to Analog Audio Converter to connect to normal RCA input type equipment

Check this site and read about Analog Audio Input, Output and Coaxial Digital Output and Input and Optical Digital input and Output

click here

click here

lotte1996 11:41 31 Aug 2007

Thanks again. I'm printing off the info and will have another go!

ambra4 18:47 01 Sep 2007

Type of Digital-Analogue Audio Converter you need to buy if your equipment do not have a digital audio input

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?