Sony DPF D80 Digital Photo Frame Pics Not Showing

ajw2708 00:07 09 Jan 2010

Got the above item over Christams and using it a Windows 7 Ultimate PC. The frame connects ok to the PC as the extra drive shows up as the USB link goes live. However the jpegs copied over to the internal memory or the pics put onto an SD card have all - bar one - failed to show up on the display! I have tried copying to the root directory and also to the folder as the instructions stipulate.

Suspect it is some user error - can someone tell me what I have to do to resolve this please?

howard64 08:52 09 Jan 2010

There is a menu option to change to the folder containing the pictures - you have done this haven't you? If you have it sounds more like a problem with the unit - I was given one of these for Christmas and followed the instructions to make a folder then copied them across and it has worked perfectly. I notice that it can also be used like an external hard drive. Try copying the files from it back to your pc and see if they are in good condition by displaying them.

jamesd1981 09:18 09 Jan 2010

is the sd card your using standard 2gb sd or an sdhc high capacity card some equipment cant use sdhc and can only use 2gb sd cards, if thats all ok check the specs of your frame see if theres a max resoloution and make sure you size your photos to suit, it could be there at too big a res for the frame to use.

john bunyan 09:23 09 Jan 2010

How are the .jpegs saved? I found they dont show if saved as progressive . Try saving a pic again and when the options appear save in baseline standard or baseline optimised. I have a little batch programme to reduce pics in size, but also find difficulty in showing pix from an SD card on the Sony, so use its built in memory by transferring a file "Photoframe" from the PC where you can add or change pix from time to time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache