Sony 25 pieces Spindle

User-178362 20:01 14 Feb 2008

Could someone tell me please if they know how many felt washes are on top of this spindle, because I put a new disk in the disk tray, if thats what it's called, then when it wouldn't record I found I had two felt washes on top of the disk. I am wondering if there might be a third washer left in the system as it doesn't work properly now.

skidzy 20:20 14 Feb 2008

Cannot vouch for the Sony spindle,but all my spindles come with two washers.

Can you clarify "as it doesn't work properly now"
Does this drive read any discs ?

MCE2K5 21:38 14 Feb 2008

2 x Thick & 1 x Thin Felt Pads.

User-178362 22:32 15 Feb 2008

Thank you for getting back to me. It isn't my PC it my DVD player, I thought they both play disks so I would ask, I could buy some more but I have more than I need.

After I removed the two felt washers from the disk drive, when dubbing the disk started to stugle at times as if it wasn't working properly, it still copies my tapes onto disk but I cannot finalize, as this is what I have to do if I want to play the disk on another drive. I didn't realy want to take it to someone for them to undo the part where the disk goes if there isn't a washer in there. I will just have to pay for it to be repaired, which is diopointing as I have only just started to use it after haveing for 15 months.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires