son is going to uni to study media and needs a lap

glawsonsled 11:34 02 Sep 2015

Hi, As above my son is going to uni to study media and needs a laptop that will run Premiere Pro CC, after reading the spec required and recommended I believe the below spec is at the recommended end of the scale and that the graphics card is on the list of supported ones. Adobe Spec Link click here

I did ring and ask Adobe but they kept repeated the two processors listed on the spec list and would not give a clear answer. Surely we are not limited to those two processors alone? My research has said the the phenom ii is on par with the AMD A8 and in some instances the AMD A8 Actually come out on top.

The full spec of the laptop we are looking at is below

AMD A8-6410 Quad Core Processor
15.6" HD Screen
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
8GB DDR3 RAM
1000GB HDD
DVD Rewriter
Dedicated AMD Radeon R7 M260 2GB Graphics
USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth
Beats Audio Speakers

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gav

spuds 12:00 02 Sep 2015

While not being able to answer your question direct, it is often a case that very similar questions are raised on this forum, usually under the title of Uni work.

What I would suggest, and this as been suggested on a number of previous occasions, is for you to perhaps contact the university or its student's union and seek advice there, as to what are their recommendations for a laptop capable of covering the intended future work. Sometimes they might even have discount scheme offers on certain recommended items.

lotvic 17:55 02 Sep 2015

I can point you to the StudentRoom forum where fellow Uni students etc can advise on suitable specs, Technology and computers - buying advice click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:01 02 Sep 2015

and get a USB3 external hard drive for him to back up his work daily.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone