Something is using 50% of my CPU?

  jackthelad71 14:34 19 Sep 2007
Locked

Hiya all I have the following item using 50%
of my CPU it is working in the back ground as
I have no programs open.it is called
ccSvcHst.exe I have recently installed Norton360
All in one Security could this be working undetected in the bacground? Can anyone help me to find the culprit, I allways used Sytemworks
and that could be greedy. Jackthelad71

  birdface 14:52 19 Sep 2007

Do you mean svchost.exe make sure the spelling is correct as there is a virus with the same sort of name.Stop Norton Working and check taskmanager again and see if it is running better,System Idle process should be showing about 97% and the rest about 3% if nothing else is running.

  norman47 14:54 19 Sep 2007

it looks like norton click here

try the scan.

  birdface 15:20 19 Sep 2007

Looks like Norton then.If you only have it on trial.It may be better removing it using the Norton Removal tool and using something else,There are plenty of free programs about that do a good job and are not resource hungry like Norton.You can always get some good advice on the PCA forum if you decide to change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?