Something intefering with Wifi signal

blaiser12 13:55 12 Jan 2015

Okay so to get straight into it, our wifi signal keeps dropping on the 2g channel, whilst the 5g channel is consistently fine. This manifests as a yellow triangle over the wifi bars on my laptop, and is rectified by resetting the router, though it can occur mere minutes later. This problem has been occurring for the past few months, in our student house in selly oak, a student area. Me and two of my friends have been here for the past week and the connection hasn't dropped once, however on Saturday another friend came back and the connection dropped very soon after. We've tried turning the wifi off and the computer but the connection keeps dropping still. Though my friend returned, most of the students in the area did also, if this could have an influence? We were wondering if the laptop could interfere with the signal at all, even when it was turned off? If not then what else might have caused it? Been on the phone to virgin media for hours and they were very unhelpful.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:29 12 Jan 2015

if others in the vicinity are using the same channel it can cause interference

try changing the channel in the router to something not being used a lot wifi inspector will show all channels in use locally

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?