Something cheaper (or Freeware) than Photoshop

281apple 07:49 12 Oct 2006

I am looking for something on a freeware or demonstration basis which could do about the same thing as Photoshop which is too expensive for me. It is just to rotate pictures to right side up, to reduce or enlarge their size and to improve picture quality: luninosity and contrast. Can anyone help? Thanks.

BT 07:55 12 Oct 2006

Check out Irfanview. Its a very capable and free photo program
click here

Photofiltre is also excellent and free
click here

€dstowe 07:59 12 Oct 2006

A super FREE program which I think is better than IrfanView (which I've used for ages) is FastStone Image Viewer. Get it from click here

Diodorus Siculus 08:34 12 Oct 2006

All three above are excellent pieces of software; if you really want a photoshop alternative however, take a look at the GIMP: GIMP - Windows installers
click here

Daibus 08:34 12 Oct 2006

File.

Diodorus Siculus 08:38 12 Oct 2006

Picasa is good for organisation of your images and also free click here

VideoSentry 08:59 12 Oct 2006

Depending on what you need to do with the images a good image processor is Paint Shop Pro.

jack 09:03 12 Oct 2006

All the above are good alternatives as mentioned.
However if it is Photoshop you want without the Photoshop price then it as to be
PaintShop Pro
This is a Photoshop clone in the true sense.
The desktop and tools are almost identical.
Download Paintshop X free for a 28 day trial
Buy it on line or as a boxed disc/manual for £40[ish]
Google PaintShop Pro or click here

281apple 09:11 12 Oct 2006

I think I got the message. I'll give it a try too.

bludywoman 09:15 12 Oct 2006

....sorry to but in, but I was after the same sort of thing, and in the end I got photoshop CS2 off ebay, (probably a copy - not sure...) but it has all the codes to for registration and everthing, and cost a minimum amount!...photoshop elements was also available....,might be worth a try, but go through the persons feedback and see what clients are saying about the same product that has already been sold....:O)

Belatucadrus 10:37 12 Oct 2006

click here a few to look at here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?