Someone signing on from another location!

User-D926D6AA-2636-480B-8912DDFD5D91E4B4 20:59 16 Feb 2006

I'm using AOL and over the last few weeks I keep getting a message telling me that my screen name has been signed on from another location. As I only have one pc, this must be an intruder. This has resulted in my AOL account being suspended twice due to a large volume of emails being sent in my screen name. I have changed my password almost daily, downloaded Spybot, Spy Ad-aware and am using Norton Security. Can anyone help?

ashdav 21:55 16 Feb 2006

If your account is being accessed from another location then it is not your computer that is at fault.
Someone has got hold of your signing in details.
You need to speak to AOL about this.

I have contacted AOL twice as this was necessary to reinstate my account. They advised me to download Spybot and Ad-aware and also to change my password frequently. After doing this the problem still persisted so I contacted them again and was told that this was not an AOL problem but to contact a computer technician. I have not done this as I felt it was their responsibility to correct this. Am I right?

skidzy 22:33 16 Feb 2006

Try this first to make sure you have no other internet connections on your system,Full instructions given...are you on B-band or dial up ?

skidzy 22:35 16 Feb 2006

sorry forgot the link DOH !
click here

Broadband.

skidzy 22:40 16 Feb 2006

Ok,thats one prob out of the way then.Try this,not sure it will help for this problem but worth a try.click here

Hi, ran that scan and found 31 critical objects. I had run Spybot and Ad-aware this morning but both found nothing. Hope this sorts it. Thanks a lot!

skidzy 23:28 16 Feb 2006

No Problem Keleha...Good luck..Remember to reboot your system.

skidzy 16:34 17 Feb 2006

Hi Kel....Did the link i gave you for Ewido...sort the problem.Just curious as ive noticed you ticked resolved.

woodchip 16:45 17 Feb 2006

If you are using a Wireless Router BB. You should make it secure with encryption

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?