someone plz help !!!!!

stephen1978 21:20 23 Jan 2009

hi guys plz help before ma pc goes out the window lol

my problem all started tonite when my nephew who's saying with us used my pc and downloaded a game using a torrent site :(:(:(:(

now the pc has all sorts of problems ive been at it for 2 hours now and still the same :(

i can't even uninstall anything or access windows updates at all no matter wat i've tryed nothing seems to work

i've got web pages just popping up plus i keep getting a message saying "download anti-spyware as someone is trying to access you personal data " or something all they lines .

i tryed putting my windows xp hone boot up disk in the drive to repair it but its asking for a adimistrators password dose anyone no wat that would be ????????

please help :(:(:(:(

MAJ 21:30 23 Jan 2009

Have you tried a System Restore?

stephen1978 21:32 23 Jan 2009

yaeh tryed that but when i went into it it said it had been turn off "BUT NOT BY ME "

penbee 21:33 23 Jan 2009

funny i cant acess windows updates right now. have you got data to lose or can you re set? if your machine came with the os already on it there maybe hot keys to push in start up to reset the computer to factory settings. have you got anti virus software? try running a full scan with that.
are you going on an account that is administrator or is it limited access as you cant uninstall if you are not admin account. dont worry it will be sortable :)

MAJ 21:34 23 Jan 2009

Try downloading and installing Mbam click here and Superantispyware click here and run full scans with both of them in Safe Mode. To get to Safe Mode, press F8 while your PC is starting, from the menu that appears, choose the Safe Mode option.

Next, give nephew a clip round the ear.

3gboosterman 05:42 24 Jan 2009

seems like your nephew may have downloaded some virus which was in one of the downloads.

You should scan all downloads before opening them to double check.

as MAJ suggests, try downloading and installing the antivirus software in safe mode and see if they reveal where the infected files may be hidden?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone