Some websites "This website cannot be accessed"

compumac 10:24 28 Jun 2014

Switched on desktop this morning and whereas I can access this website I cannot access many of the others that are normally available. "This page cannot be displayed". I then tried my laptop and get the same experience. I can access some websites but not others. Checking broadband speed shows normal speed. Same scenario with Mobile phone using broadband connection Using BT Broadband.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:42 28 Jun 2014

Just looked into this as we have the same problem. Call 150 and there is a recorded message telling us that there is a major network problem, causing intermittent or no internet access, which they are working on.

compumac 10:58 28 Jun 2014

Mr Mistoffelees I called them and whereas they indicated a problem with broadband and on accessing their 0800 169 0199 for further information, the automated voice told me the areas with the problem and I am nowhere near.

I just have to accept the fact that they have not established all of the areas concerned with the fault.

tullie 11:46 28 Jun 2014

I have had the same problem with my bt connection.It now appears to be ok.

Zurdo 11:49 28 Jun 2014

Yeah, looks like BT fixed the problem. It's racing along now. Had me worried for a while, Ipad said not connected to Internet and laptop very hit and miss.

compumac 12:18 28 Jun 2014

Mine now all OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?