Some websites load blank while navigating the internet

jspeers 19:28 17 Sep 2014

I am running Windows 7 and use many of the latest browsers including: Chrome 37, IE11, etc. While navigating the internet i am have issues where some websites load a blank page (black) and sometimes i am getting certain pictures on websites that causes my screen to flicker but when i move off of the picture, the flickering stops. an example of a site that goes blank is: www.eaglehockey.com. the only way i can navigate away from the blank page is to alt+tab away or open task mgr and close the browser. i have utilized some of the tips found on the internet such as uncheck hw acceleration in chrome and unable extensions but these were unsuccessful. it also occurs on youtube periodically. i updated my version of java and have the latest drivers for my video card. i'm hoping that the helproom has some ideas.

Woolwell 16:25 18 Sep 2014

I've not come across this problem before. Some suggestions:

Check video driver is up to date

Anti-virus scanning page causing snags?

Try running IE without add-ons and see if problem still occurs.

If recent problem try system restore to before problem began.

rdave13 21:07 18 Sep 2014

If it happens in all browsers I would tend to think a GPU problem, or a beginning of one. You could run MSI Afterburner just to monitor your Video card and set the temp reading on your notification area. This is assuming your internet speed is a good constant and not fluctuating.

jspeers 15:50 19 Sep 2014

Thanks for the reply. i have the latest driver and i have removed the IE add-ons. i don't believe my anti-virus is causing issues. i've had good luck with restoring to a previous version so, i think i'll give that a try. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?