some incoming emails missing from Outlook Express

wingcash 22:44 22 Aug 2007

Some messages received at my email address do not show up in Outlook Express. However, I know they are somewhere in OE because the missing emails can be read on mail2web, a program which simply allows me to read my messages in Outlook. This problem occurs on about half my emails unless my computer is shut off. When shutoff, all messages turn up in Outlook Express. Anyone have any idea on what causes my problem?

brundle 00:23 23 Aug 2007

If you can access the mails using `mail2web`, the emails don't show up in Outlook Express, and your Outlook Express settings are such that you retain copies of the emails on the server until you delete them, then it means those emails haven't been picked up by Outlook Express. Hit F5 to Send/Receive? Are the problem emails especially large?

wingcash 01:07 23 Aug 2007

I have hit send/receive in Outlook Express but still don't get all the messages. There is no pattern to the messages that I can read in mail2web but cannot read in Outlook Express. Some of the missing emails are large and some are small. Often the missing emails are from people whose other emails can be read in Outlook Express. I do not miss any emails in Outlook Express if my computer is shut off but once it is on I have problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?