Some advise on Freewebs

geewis357 20:47 14 Feb 2007

Hi guys,
I have had a domain for a couple of years now from Frewebs. It doesn't cost a lot and up till now the site builder you have to use to edit the site is easy to use. But now I am wanting to be a bit more adventerous and use html. I have learnt a bit with front page and have made a few good practice pages and I will shortly be using PHP for a Uni project. I now wish to use ftp to download and upload to my site but freeweb software is preventing this. I have the option to downgrade to html, is this the way to go cos I will not be able to convert it back and use the site builder.

Many thanks

kindly 00:00 17 Feb 2007

I am using freewebs because of the free space only. Does your ISP give you any free web space.
I use "ewisoft" to do my site. It is a free program that has a built in ftp program. I have found it quite good and easy to use. Good for me because I dont know much about HTML. Look at my site and you can see how easy it is. This site didnt take long to do, although amaturish the content can be found.
There is a link on there to ewisoft if you want. The main thing is you dont get bogged down with adverts from the writer of the program. Hope I have helped you.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?