Solution to A-Squared not updating properly

Sea Urchin 14:08 22 Dec 2007

I recently posted on one of rawprawn's threads about new updates for A-Squared click here that although I could download the update for version 3.1.0.9 I was unable to install it. Despite trying all the helpful suggestions (and more) nothing worked. However, this afternoon I have discovered on the A-Squared forum that this has happened to other people, and the solution I found was to move the a2free.exe and engine.dll files from C:\a2temp to C:\Program Files\a-squared Free. Thanks to Hewee on that forum I am now up to date, and I look forward to the challenge of the next update.

sunny staines 14:10 22 Dec 2007

nice to see you got it sorted.

p;3 17:19 22 Dec 2007

I too am struggling with this update issue but surely none of us should be having to shift files around to get the program to update fully? and it is the first time I have ever heard OF people using such a workaround solution ;does this not perhaps indicate a basic error in the program itself? I may well abandon the program altogether

Sea Urchin 17:42 22 Dec 2007

I quite agree - it is beyond the normal requirements for updating an AV program, and it's certainly the first time I've had to do such a thing. If it happens again I shall probably move to something else - maybe Avast.

p;3 17:47 22 Dec 2007

erm...you do know that a squared is not an antivirus program dont you? ; if I was having all this problem with THAT then it would have gone long ago as 'untrustworthy'

what IS your antivirus program ?

Sea Urchin 18:14 22 Dec 2007

Yes, sorry, slip of the keyboard - my AV is AVG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?