"solarized"ColourOnMonitor

DWANE PYPE 23:45 06 Apr 2003

Zvictor1
Having upgraded i.e. HDD, memory, Pwr supply, Mother Board, with graphics&sound on
board (MSI 6566MicroATX). Reinstalled W98, only after it had booted up did the colour
problem show up, it was running on, 16bit 640x480, tried to put drivers in for the Mobo,
but it said it only supported 98me upwards, so installed my ME up grade, then installed
the MoBo drivers, but when I altered the colour to 32bit it went even worse, so after a lot of
digging & delving, going here there and every where, I have got nowhere. So thinking it was my old monitor, I bought a new one, same rigmarole, So I uninstalled ME. And tried again with 98, and that came up with, that I am short of a load of files that are on the Windows
95/98 s3driver disk, (available from your computer manufacturer). So tried Microsoft,
Jeeves, no luck! So can someone come up a solution to this, Please!!!
All help will be gratefully appreciated.

Giggle n' Bits 23:53 06 Apr 2003

Then install Win98Se or ME from a Genuine installation CD. Install the M/board drivers, check all you Drives are ok.

Install your Graphics driver then Audio, Then Modem. If you have been in BIOS make sure your settings are correct for VGA.

If you happen to be in the Man/Cheshire area I may be able to help more.

Does this M/board have a built in VGA chip or do you have a AGP Card/PCI Card ?. Make/Model/and AGP x. please.

SPeC.

DWANE PYPE 17:32 08 Apr 2003

Reformatted HDD.(seagate. used a download C to floppy,called "disk manager".)Reinstalled SE&ME
still the same, so into bios,checked it once again
with the book,"O.K". Then I noticed in the list
Load Optimized Defaults.
"use this menu to load the bios default values
that are factory settings for optimal system
operations." So I thought What the hell Ive
tried everything else,so clicked yes.Came out
of bios, it rebooted up,"Perfect" So Its all
up and running again.
You can add this to have tried.... this list.
Been unable to answer sooner,sorting things out, and doing the Grandad bit.
Thanks for your input.
MAC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?