Software/program Download problems

bounce22 23:48 18 Mar 2009

When i try to download Poker software off a number of different poker sites. I get redirected to im guessing the download page, but all i get is a blank white page.

This happened on VC,WillHill,paddy power and a few others.

I have tried downloading it in IE & Firefox, and tried it on both my laptops and neither work. I have turned firewall off, thats not problem either.

I have also tried downloaing the software off other sites, but that don't work either.

Is this a Vista issue, or do i need to update something?

bounce22 09:14 19 Mar 2009

Can anyone help?

Graphicool1 10:01 19 Mar 2009

Perhaps your security settings are set too high.

Graphicool1 10:06 19 Mar 2009

I've just been to the William Hill Poker site. At the top of the first page is a Big Yellow download button. When I pressed it, it went into download mode so fast I barely had time to stop it. You try... click here

bounce22 11:24 19 Mar 2009

Nope still don't work. Still get taken to a bank page. All very odd. As i say i have tried with my security protection switched off. So can't be that.

Graphicool1 12:05 19 Mar 2009

When you say "I get redirected" is that literally? ie does it show a redirecting message? Or does the page just go blank?

Have tried downloading anything from anywhere else?

bounce22 12:07 19 Mar 2009

The problem only pops up when downloading from certai npoker sites. some work MOST don't. This is example of a link i get sent too, im guessing this is download page, but for me it's just a blank white page.

click here

Graphicool1 12:56 19 Mar 2009

Did that happen when you clicked my link and hit the Yellow Button?

Because when I did it you weren't transported anywhere and the WHP page was still visible in the background.

Graphicool1 13:00 19 Mar 2009

Who is your Internet Servive Provider (ISP)

Graphicool1 13:01 19 Mar 2009

Oops...That should read 'Internet Service Provider'

bounce22 13:06 19 Mar 2009

Sky ISP.

I get redirected from WillHill page Graph. And get that lank page im on about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?