Software/drivers for Orange wireless adapter?

buel 08:52 28 Mar 2009

Hi there, my friend has a laptop that the wireless does not work on so i want to try using an Orange adaptor that i had free when i signed up to broadband with them it is a 'Thomson' adaptor and if it helps, the bottom half of it looks like half a golf ball and it plugs into the usb port. Please has anyone any idea where i can download the appropriate software so i can try it on my friend's laptop?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:15 28 Mar 2009
  buel 11:09 28 Mar 2009

Thanks for that, unfortunately it doesn't cover the adaptor i have: Thomson adaptor. I think it is over 2 years old. Alternatively, have you any idea why the laptop im helping my friend with isn't 'seeing' the wireless signal please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:12 28 Mar 2009

click here this one?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 28 Mar 2009

driver click here

buel 12:11 28 Mar 2009

Thanks for that,iv downloaded the correct one (i think) and iv downloaded it with firefox but am unable to find it, how do i find my firefox downloads please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:45 28 Mar 2009

Ctrl+J should open the downloads window
double click the driver to open it

buel 19:05 28 Mar 2009

Hi, iv pressed ctrl + j and i just get a blank download box with nothing in there? (sorry for this!)

buel 10:10 29 Mar 2009

Hi, iv pressed ctrl + j and i just get a blank download box with nothing in there? (sorry for this!)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:37 29 Mar 2009

Firefox downloads any file to desktop by default.

* Go to your Firefox browser and click Tools at the Menu bar.
* Choose Options and select Main Tab.
* At the Downloads section, you just need to check
Always ask me where to save files and click OK

From next time Firefox will obediently ask you and then save the file to your preferred location. Be it anywhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?