Software for Windows based SatNav

DJ-Garry 15:04 18 Nov 2007

Hi guys.

I recently bought a MyGuide 3100 from Halfords (Only £69.99). I had seen it before on ebuyer and read some good reviews and at that price, it is excellent. In one of the ebuyer reviews (click here), it mentions that the maps are a bit out of date and that you can even get the Windows CE OS to run TomTom and iGo software. It refers to a forum (click here) to get more information but I can't seem to make head nor tail of it. There seems to be so much information, getting the right bits looks impossible.

Does anyone know where I can get up-to-date maps for my MyGuide 3100 and a step by step guide to adding the TomTom software too?

Many thanks, Garry

birdface 17:58 18 Nov 2007

At that price are you sure you can up-date it,Most of the others and more expensive supply a CD that you put in your computer also plug and connections.But after 6 months you have to pay so much a month if you want to keep it up-dated.

birdface 18:01 18 Nov 2007

From another Forum.click here

birdface 18:04 18 Nov 2007

Googled.click here= it will give you something to look at while waiting for help.

xclr8r 18:12 18 Nov 2007

I got a Navsure sat nav from Halfords last year and it works fine. The main problem is that you can't update the maps, there is no official customer support for the item and even Halfords have stopped selling them now. The other problem is most of the sat nav based forums are mainly TomTom biased. As a result the Navsure brand is about as popular as a Skoda car twenty years or so ago.
My advice would be to go for a TomTom or Navman type item, at least you will get proper support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?