Software Updater

goll_y 11:58 26 Jun 2005

I appreciate this might not be out there.....

But I'm looking for a programme that will check what software I have loaded on my computer and check automatically for updates rather than me having to go into each programme and click on the update section.

Is there anything available? I know there are lots for hardware but I haven't seen anything for software.

VoG II 12:07 26 Jun 2005
  goll_y 12:13 26 Jun 2005

Thanks VoG, I'll try this. I was really looking for things though which will search for updates on programmes like Adobe, Messenger, Napster, Windows Media Player, Real Player etc.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:24 26 Jun 2005

There isn't a single, reliable programme that will do this. Most programes will update automatically when you run them. Personally I would not bother about rushing to update programmes...the updates are usually minor and are often things that you would never use or notice.You will not notice the differnce between Acrobat 5 and the new 7 version for example and nero 5 has all the functions that I ever use although Nero 6.3ish is now out.

G

goll_y 12:26 26 Jun 2005

Cheers Gandalf. I may not bother then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?