Software to type while i talk

Ambasedor 10:38 13 Jul 2007

Can anyone suggest some software that will type into my PC while i dictate. Either freeware or to buy. I have an old pentium 3 running XP Pro could switch to 98 if required.
Thanks.

Pamy 10:50 13 Jul 2007
  Simsy 11:42 13 Jul 2007

But I'm pretty sure I saw such a programme on one of the coverdiscs on a PC magazine while looking on the shelves last week.

I wasn't paying attention, so apologies if I'm wrong... but it's probably worth having a mosey down to the newsagents to see whats on offer on that front.

There definately was one on some coverdisc about 6 months ago... I installed and tried it, just out of curiousity. I was reasonably impressed, but with no need for it I uninstalled it.

Also, this seems a suitable place to mention that the browser "Opera" has a voice facility... I can't remember exactly the sttiing up procedure, but you can train it to recognise your voice for the "standard" instructions, "Close, New Window, etc.

Good luck,

Regards

Simsy

robbiepaul79 11:47 13 Jul 2007

I work for a Council and our service has just ordered more Dragon software from nuance, seems to be the software fo choice at the moment.

stylehurst 13:57 13 Jul 2007

Dragon is definitely the program to go for, you will need to train it to get optimum results.

bluto1 20:22 13 Jul 2007

Have a look at this one. I bought it last year as a present for my niece and she likes it.
click here

wee eddie 20:42 13 Jul 2007

Regardless of the Software ~ I don't think that your PC is up to the job.

Although there are programs that will run on a Pentium 3, I think that most of the current Software needs 512MB of RAM or more. Switching it to 98se wou;ld free up Memory and using an older Version of Dragon Naturally Speaking could work but the older versions needed a deal of education and needed to be consciously Proof-Read

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?