Software for making banners and logo's

SpyMan {:o)){--< 13:48 20 Feb 2004

I am wanting to make a banner for my website that i am in the process of making, but i am struggling to find the right software for the job.

I want to use a jpeg screenshot from within a game....and then place some text with in it....and then save it as a jpeg or a gif. I have tried using word with wordart and got a really cool design but i am unable to save it to a suitable format....what software can i use?

I don't mind paying for this software as i can use it again and again for other things....

Any suggestions??

Look at the banner at the top of this page for an idea about what i am trying to create....mine will be better though :p

click here

ps i know that i can add text to photos and the like in many photoediting packages but none offer text effects such as word art....ideally i would like my text 3d with a camouflage fill, although that might be asking a bit too much.

thanks ahead

vulcanian 13:57 20 Feb 2004
  Taran 14:03 20 Feb 2004

Any image editor that supports layers will do the job.

You can add elements over you original image in different layers like text, parts of other images and so on, then you merge the layers into a flat file and save it as a JPG.

Paint Shop Pro, Fireworks, the truly excellent Ulead PhotoImpact, Adobe PhotoShop [and the elements version of it] will all do it.

You can get 30 day trials of all of the above.

If memory serves, IrfanView also allows layering and this is handy since you can download it for free.

The short answer is that almost all of the better image editors will do what you want.

ton 15:29 20 Feb 2004
  ton 15:33 20 Feb 2004
  ©®@$? 16:31 20 Feb 2004

bookmarked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone