Software to make slideshow DVD.

Internetwhizzkid 10:01 15 Apr 2007

Hi,
I have just got back from holiday and I have 500 photos that I want to make into a slidshow/ powerpoint.
Can someone please pointme in the direction of soe recommended software that does slideshow on a dvd

Thanks
Ben

jimv7 10:06 15 Apr 2007

Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP

click here

johnnyrocker 10:25 15 Apr 2007

click here

johnny.

berylh30 10:35 15 Apr 2007

"Proshow Gold"
Not cheap, but very, very good......read about it on the photodex web site and use the free trial period to try it out.
Might appear to be complicated but there is a very good tutorial that takes you through every step
all the best...........

Icky 11:07 15 Apr 2007

Yes. Agree with berylh30. Proshow Gold is brilliant. click here

€dstowe 12:12 15 Apr 2007

Do you really want to put them on a DVD?

There is ample space on a CD to store enough slides bore most people to an early grave.

More seriously, FastStone Image Viewer has a slide show maker an it's free click here - with music as well if you want it.

staples printer cartridge 12:33 15 Apr 2007

Just tried Photo Story 3 and it wouldn't work, despite reinstalling twice - it installed ok but then I went throught he whole process of making a project and it wouldn't save or play it.

The tried ProShow Gold which seems very good.

However, using it simply, ie adding a bunch of photos, putting some background music and some transition effects can be done equally as well on Windows Movie Maker which you have if you have XP.

I must point out that I haven't tired anything fancy with ProSHow Gold though.

pj123 12:43 15 Apr 2007

Most slide show programs will only allow a maximum of 99 pics per show. Of course, you can have lots of shows with 99 pics per CD/DVD.

HP used to do a free slide show maker called Memories on Disc. I have it on my PC and it allows up to 400 pics on one CD. Note: CD. it doesn't work with DVDs.

I can't see it on the HP site anymore and as it was 38mb in size I probably couldn't email a copy to you. But I could put it on a CD and snail mail it to you.

spud22 12:54 15 Apr 2007

most people have nero installed you can use this to make slde shows with music transitions etc

eedcam 22:48 15 Apr 2007

Best ive 'used is Magix photos on cd and dvd cheaper than proshow an IMHO as good.As for wmm you'll still have to go to nero or something else to burn to dvd.As for putting on cd Yuk apart from the poorer quality a slide show is only as boring as the creation regardless of duration

skidzy 22:54 15 Apr 2007

you can send the program if you wish click here

But have you got the size correct,38MB is a very small program,especially dealing with photo's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?