Software to make copies of Blu-Ray discs.

nerawan 18:21 27 Nov 2010

Hi. I'd like advice about any softare that allow to make copies of my Blu Ray disca ( want to make back ups and remove the annoying extra info that they bring). I have used CLONE DVD for years but they don.t make copies of Blu ray. Thanks for any info.

northumbria61 18:51 27 Nov 2010

You could have a look here but I am unable to advise you on what is best - some FREE ones to choose from also - click here

rdave13 19:02 27 Nov 2010

Ashampoo burning studio 10 does this. click here

kdt 09:43 28 Nov 2010

Sorry to get sidetracked a little but do you need to have Blu Ray drive installed to copy the discs?

User-312386 09:53 28 Nov 2010

You need anydvdhd click here used it for years, if you buy it before Jan 2011 you will be entitled to lifetime updates. Its a fantastic programme!

AL47 10:06 28 Nov 2010

i do this all the time

anydvdhd is essential, and very good

i use bdrebuilder to strip out all the rubbish, i can get down to a menu and the main feature and thats it, also compressed down to sub 20GB on a 50GB film, so that allows you to get a 50GB double layer disc onto a much cheaper single layer.

i dont have a copier so store all mine on HDDs

any questions ask.. it took me ages to figure out how to do this

if you do transcode [shrink the file size] a hefty cpu helps ALOT!!

nerawan 17:19 28 Nov 2010

Of course I have ANY DVD and also Clone dvd plus a Blue-Ray writer but Clone dvd doesn't allow me to open any thing fom the blu-ray drive. Only any dvd scan it and is o.k. It looks Any dvd workd with Blu Ray according to the web side but Clone dvd doesn't say anything. It's still like it has been for years.

eedcam 18:02 28 Nov 2010

Even if it did does it have a BR choice in the drop down box no pioint reading if it has not

nerawan 19:09 28 Nov 2010

Can you make a link to this page or be more specific. I have look very well to the web side and there is nothing that points to clone Blu Ray Discs

nerawan 15:25 04 Dec 2010

I have tried some programs now but somehow they stopped WinMedPlay11 and Power DVD 8 from playing.

Most blu-ray are around 30 gygas so it's very important to find a program that compress them to at least 25 gygas, also a program similar to CLONE DVD that is so clever and easy to use. Any ideas from people who ARE really used any of this programs and can recommend it?. It doesn't matter if it costs money as lond as it's good.

woodchip 15:32 04 Dec 2010

doubt you will do anything as copyright is a lot stronger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?