software load problem sage

ronalddonald 14:07 20 Apr 2008

Ive got a Toshiba L20 intel Celeron. Ive tried to load Sage instant accounts v12. Nothing happens if i go to my computer and click on the ddrive i get this message D:/ is not accesible incorrect function. The Toshiba is Intel(R) Celeron(M) 1.40ghz 896 Ram. Does anyone have any ideas what i can do to resolve this issue. If it cant be reolved im looking to buy a desktop from Cougar with an Intel Core 2E4500, 2.20ghz, 2mb cache. I hoping this might reolv the issue. The Toshiba ive had over 18 months and is not under warrenty. Thank you for any help much appreciated

LastChip 15:32 20 Apr 2008

Does this happen with other CD's are placed in the drive? If it doesn't, it's almost certain the drive is OK.

Are you perhaps trying to load a program from DVD, when all you have is a CD drive? Check whether your drive is a CD/DVD or just CD and also what is the software disc - CD or DVD?

Will the Sage software disc load on a different computer? If it does, then suspect the drive may be faulty or incorrectly configured. It is also possible the drivers have become corrupted.

Occasionally, a drive simply wont read the media for no apparent reason, but this is most common with home recorded discs.

ronalddonald 21:28 20 Apr 2008

Hi in answering the threee questions the drive is ok. the disc drive plays dvd and loads other software. Sage hs loaded on another laptop but that other laptop broken down, The Sage software simply wont load and the d drie states not accesible. Im no sure how to go about configuring the drive. The software for the drive is installed by a toshiba disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017