software burning survey

allde 18:21 20 Mar 2003

Im doing a survey on the best programme to use for back up disc's.
Please add your favorite and why?.
eg. cd-clone,DVDxcopy,Nero,etc.

€dstow 18:28 20 Mar 2003

I always back up to hard disks using Drive Image.

CDs and DVDs aren't big enough for a full system backup that's in addition to the rewritable disks being grossly unreliable.

My data is valuable and I cannot afford it to be subject to anything the least bit iffy.

€d

powerless 18:32 20 Mar 2003

Backup for a CD? I used Nero > One Click operation. I say "used" because i've only done it the once.

Backup for a Hard Drive? I use Nero - I do not backup the whole Disc - only the important docs.

A few clicks operation and it's back(ed)up.

Andy 999 19:09 20 Mar 2003

god not done any burning lately but i use cloncd for copy discs and copying isos off things but i usually use nero for backing up my data

hssutton 19:26 20 Mar 2003

Since installing a DVD writer afew weeks ago, I have been using Bs Gold I guess this is similar to ECDC & Nero. All my many gigabytes of photo's are now stored on 4.7Gb DVD disk.
I'm highly delighted with this as i've now been able to get rid quite a number of Cd-roms (puny little things)

hssutton 19:37 20 Mar 2003

I meant to add DVD disks are more expensive. Staples had a special offer when I bought mine they worked out at £1 a disk, but 6x the capacity of CDs. The quality appears to be much better than Cds, but I guess only time will tell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?