soft touch

ned-kelly 10:19 25 Aug 2007

i have a pc on orange broadband using a thompson soft touch modem, the connection from modem to pc is an integral usb cable,i now want to connect my laptop to the same connection, i have a belkin router but no usb socket in it, how do i run both from same connection? any advice would be helpful, thanks

Taff™ 10:32 25 Aug 2007

Presuming the Belkin Router is in fact a Modem/Router it may have 4 ethernet port sockets in it. Can you connect your laptop and PC via these? Both will need ethernet ports and laptops usually have them. You can buy a suitable card for the PC for about £15. What make and model is the Belkin Router?

ned-kelly 10:42 25 Aug 2007

model is belkin modem with router f5d7630-4a, yes it does have four ports, but unfortunatley i don`t have the software to set it up

ned-kelly 10:50 25 Aug 2007

i just realised how stupid i was as i was typing that last post, sorry ! i only just realised that i could use the router as a modem instead of the soft touch one, but small problem, just switched router on got four orange lights on r/h side of routr that went off immedietly, now no lights on at all is this normal ?

Taff™ 11:27 25 Aug 2007

click here It looks like an old 11g router but on my link you`ll find the answer to your lights question and access to drivers and manuals.

ned-kelly 11:34 25 Aug 2007

thanks taff, i think i know what the problem is now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?