so slow internet

jammin 06:26 04 Oct 2006

loading pages has become like watching paint dry, its taking ages. It started after I ran ccleaner for the first time - i thought ccleaner wouldn't affect anything and although I only ticked the boxes i thought were safe this problem started. I tried a system restore, ran anti virus, a2, housecall etc. switched modem off and on nothing seems to work. As ccleaner deleted something i need or could it be something else?

jammin 06:32 04 Oct 2006

forgot to mention both firefox and i/e take an age to load too

STREETWORK 06:35 04 Oct 2006

You will need to eliminate CCCleaner as the problem. Hit Ctrl Alt Delete togeather to bring up the Task Manager and check which applications and processes are running. If you see anything that you know can be stopped running, select it and hit 'end task'. Now see if there is any improvement.

jammin 12:31 04 Oct 2006

tried that but nothing running other than aol spl scheduler which came with the system and as always been there without any probs

Peants68 13:20 04 Oct 2006

Have you tried a system retore to a point before you installed cleaner?

jammin 13:33 04 Oct 2006

yes, i ran system restore but made no diff i'm getting a bit desperate

STREETWORK 19:43 04 Oct 2006

Belfre you try this create a system restore point and back up the registry.

Start-Run-regedit, and navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace

Highlight the {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} Value and delete it: right-click on it -> select Delete -> click OK.

Post back...

jammin 06:27 05 Oct 2006

I don't know why but the speed seems to have magically come back again, if i have a further problem i will try your suggestion streetwork and thanks for the suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?