SmartMedia/ MultiMedia Cards

brambles 16:25 17 Mar 2005

My daughters Toshiba has a card reader for SD/Memory Stick/Memory Stick Pro/Xd/Multimedia.

Unfortunately she has a Fuji Camera that supports Smart Media - am I correct in assuming none of the available ones are substitutes for the Smart Media. If not I'll just have to connect the camera directly to the computer which seems a shame with all those reader versions available.

Brambles

Chegs ® 16:38 17 Mar 2005

I doubt if any other type of card will fit into any of the other readers.A SmartMedia reader isn't very expensive(I bought mine for approx £20 a few yrs ago)I got sick of the limitations of the (Fuji)camera connections,either the chuffin' batteries would die midway thru d/l or the software would crash.I had been to Blackpool with my daughter,took dozens of pics,was trying to load them onto the PC when I found that I could only transfer about 10 images at a go.I had transfered 10,deleted these on camera,transfered another 10 and so on.I had only to transfer the last few when the software crashed(Adobe PhotoDeluxe)and in so doing,deleted ALL the images I had already copied over.The very next day,I went out and bought my reader.

pj123 16:39 17 Mar 2005

Yes, you are correct. But you can buy an SM card reader from many PC outlets. Loads of multi reader cards from: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?