SMARTMEDIA - LIMITATIONS

castile 19:48 01 May 2003

Is there anyone with knowledge of any limitations on the number of files that this flash memory will hold? My 128MB cards appear to have plenty of memory left but will not take more files.

Lú-tzé 22:01 01 May 2003

Not sure, but on a related issue, some zip disks had a limitation to the number of files possible in the root directory.

One way around this for you is to put the files into a folder on the card but if you are using a camera to take pics, I don't know how you are going to do this. If you are using it for transferring files, put them in a folder and all should be well.

Bagsey 22:26 01 May 2003

I dont know of any file limit using smart media , compact flash etc. If I set my camera to use a low resolution image I can get approx. 750 photos on a 64meg card. I have also used the same card in a card reader to transfer all of my images from the Hard disc on my old computer to the new machine without running into file limitations. One thing that did cause my some aggro though was after I formatted the card in the computer it appeared to lose capacity, but I cant quantify how much. I reformatted in the camera and it brought everything back to normal. Not much there to go on but perhaps it may give you some clues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?