smart wizard

fstr 11:42 14 Aug 2006

I fitted a new hard drive to a friends computer everything seemed to work ok but know I get a message on startup smart wizard mfc application has encountered a problem & needs to close also when I install sound driver (I presume the right one) I get the report not working error 10 any advice on any of these would be appreciated.

DieSse 13:58 14 Aug 2006

Is the sound chip is on the motherboard, are you loading the driver from the moptherboard CD?

Same problem here, but no resolution to it confirmed.

click here

xania 14:09 14 Aug 2006

That Smart wizard is almost certainly the management for installing the sound card drivers. You say that this happened when you install a new HD. Did you reinstall the operating System or merely copy this across from the old HD? If the latter, how did you achieve this. The safest way is by using an image taken form the old machine - merely copying the files across will not work. What OS are you using? As DieSse says, make sure you are using the Mobo CD or download the latest version from the Mobo manufacturers web site.

fstr 16:17 14 Aug 2006

yes the sound chip is on the motherboard unfortunately I do not have the motherboard cd reinstalled xp as the original hd faulty i tried to repair xp on it but kept crashing before completion therefore could not ghost it although I seem to able to contact it as slave and collect data from it. motherboard appears to be jetway V4DP have tried the net downloaded driver xp installes it but as i said I get this error No 10

DieSse 16:51 14 Aug 2006

For proper information about your precise motherboard and sound chip, try click here

The page tells you it's discontinued, but don't worry, it'll work fine.

fstr 09:41 15 Aug 2006

DieSseTried there but not sure what to download tried via ac97 but not that any ideas

xania 10:00 15 Aug 2006

Take a look at the following:

click here

click here

fstr 10:30 15 Aug 2006

Thanks everyone eventually got sound

xania 13:51 15 Aug 2006

Can you please let us know what you did to sort out your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?