Smart Panel in EpsonCX3200 not responding!

clock 15:27 14 May 2007

Epson CX3200, Smart Panel won't function at all. When I press the scan button I get an error message (which I have sent to Microsoft, for what good that will do) saying application not responding. Checked settings, properties etc., and everything looks O.K. so perhaps it is the age of my printer, 2003?? Any ideas what I can do please??

I managed to capture the images I wanted to send via e-mail, by going into My Pictures, get pictures from Epson Scanner, Scanner Wizard, copy pictures to a folder. This actually seemed quicker than Smart Panel but the pictures were not as good as the PDF format I wanted to use.

Clock

clock 18:30 15 May 2007

Any information on this problem would be gratefully received. The fact is scanner initialization isn't working. I have uninstalled Epson Smart Panel and Epson Twain and reinstalled to no avail. I have also checked for Driver updates but there aren't any. Device Manager says everything is working properly!!

Clock

Technotiger 19:27 15 May 2007

Hi, this is probably due to a corrupt Registry - download and run CCleaner click here

jack 19:37 15 May 2007

As TechnoT with CCleaner but before you do that
Install the program.
Run CCleaner
Restart the computer
Reinstall the program.
Following the precise Epson rules with regard shutting down A/V[Come off line whilst do all this]
Should be OK after that.

jack 19:39 15 May 2007

For
Install the program.

Change to Uninstall of course

clock 08:38 16 May 2007

Many thanks Technotiger and Jack, will try what you suggest. Bit trepidacious about doing something with the Registry though!!! Well nothing ventured, nothing gained eh?

Clock

P.S. Always enjoy reading your advice on the Forum.

Technotiger 08:52 16 May 2007

I see you have Green-ticked the thread, so assume all is ok now .... Grreat!

It is a good idea to run CCleaner periodically, keeps your hard drive healthier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?