Small windows in IE

Guardianangel 13:54 04 Aug 2010

I'm using Win. XP3..Home...SP3 and IE6

Since making some changes to my comp, all the sites in my Favourites list are coming up in small windows which I then have to expand.

I've tried dragging them but they still come up small.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andsome 14:47 04 Aug 2010

Try holding down Ctrl while dragging, it sometimes works.

birdface 16:30 04 Aug 2010

Make sure there is nothing else open and drag them to the size that you want and then press the red x at the top.
They should open Ok after that.

Guardianangel 16:37 04 Aug 2010

Thanks Andsome...I tried that, and re-booted but it didn't work.

Thanks Buteman, but that is how I have been doing but they don't stay like that. Next time I access the site, I have to maximise it again.

Sea Urchin 16:43 04 Aug 2010

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer that are currently open, except for one.

2. Right click a link on the web page and select Open in new window.

3. Close the first instance of the browser that was originally open using the “X” in the top right-hand corner.

4. Resize the existing window by dragging the top and sides until it is full screen again.

5. Click the “X” in the top right-hand corner while holding down the Ctrl key.

The next time you open your browser, the window will once again appear full screen.

Guardianangel 16:53 04 Aug 2010

Thank you Sea Urchin but I've just solved it. I have to do each one individually but I clicked on Tools (little cog wheel)made it Full Screen, then hovered over top right corner to get the tool bar back and exited by the black cross. Next time, it opened in the normal sized window.

Guardianangel 17:36 04 Aug 2010

Resolved.

Guardianangel 18:05 04 Aug 2010

I spoke too soon Sea Urchin...they've all gone back to small again. So, I'll now try your method.

birdface 18:30 04 Aug 2010

This works for W/7 not sure about XP.

Open only one ie8 window, on the upper bar of the window right click it and choose size, resize the window to the size you want then go to file menu and choose exit.

Guardianangel 18:48 04 Aug 2010

Many thanks. The method shown by Sea Urchin has done the trick.

I only needed to do it once, on this web page, and they've all gone back to normal.

Sea Urchin 19:46 04 Aug 2010

Good news - glad to hear it's sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?