Small window

Looby48 13:28 28 Sep 2010

When I open up a new window on my laptop, it opens up as a very small window. How can I resolve this please?

birdface 13:30 28 Sep 2010

Close all other windows and drag the small window to the size that you want and then close it using the red x and see if that makes any difference.

birdface 13:31 28 Sep 2010

Or if using W/7 the same as before but click on the maximize button on the top then close it using the red X.

Pine Man 15:47 28 Sep 2010

I always drag the window to the size I want then close it using File/Exit.

johnnyrocker 20:08 28 Sep 2010

or alternatively if no success ALT F4 to close resized window

johnny

Chris Webster 21:23 28 Sep 2010

This is the solution I was sent when I asked the same question a few months ago, it worked for me ( Windows 7 x64 )

Open only one IE8 window, on the upper bar of the window right click it and choose size, resize the window to the size you want then go to file menu and choose exit.

Regards, Chris.

Sea Urchin 22:22 28 Sep 2010

To open new IE windows full size

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer that are currently open, except for one.

2. Right click a link on the web page and select Open in new window.

3. Close the first instance of the browser that was originally open using the “X” in the top right-hand corner.

4. Resize the existing window by dragging the top and sides until it is full screen again.

5. Click the “X” in the top right-hand corner while holding down the Ctrl key.

The next time you open your browser, the window will once again appear full screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?