Small Niggle

gill 21:40 01 Jul 2008

Hi all, a couple of days ago I sought help with my computer that wouldn't boot properly after installing Nero.With your help it's now up and running but I am left with a small problem.Each time I search the web and find a page and then click off it I am left with a "Blank Explorer" page so that I have to click twice after each page I open.Not the end of the world but very frustrating . Any ideas would be most welcome. Many thanks.Gill2

csqwared 21:49 01 Jul 2008

Not quite sure what you mean by "when I click off it". Are byou using Internet Explorer and clocking on the 'red X' or are you using another browser?

rossgolf 21:50 01 Jul 2008

try seein if there is 2 hompages set...if so delete one of them.

rossgolf 21:51 01 Jul 2008

the second homepage could be set as blank. and if the tabs are not displayed you wont be able to see the extra page

csqwared 21:51 01 Jul 2008

My tryping tonite is socking- Try again:-
Are you using Internet Explorer and clicking on the 'red X'.

gill 22:07 01 Jul 2008

I am clicking on the red x and the open page closes and I get a blank explorer page with nothing in the address line.

How do I find out if I have a second home page?
Gill2

Strawballs 22:21 01 Jul 2008

Internet options in control panel

rossgolf 22:21 01 Jul 2008

tools>internet options>and there should be a box where it states your homepage on one line and if there is another homepage then that will be on the second line in IE7

gill 22:33 01 Jul 2008

Thanks, It's showing Google as my home page.
There are three options. (1)Use Current (2) Use Default which is a Microsoft one.
(3) Use Blank. Which says "about:Blank" when I click on it.
Are all those nornmal? Thanks Gill2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?