A small movie camera for making YouTube Vids.

Picwayze 10:37 03 Nov 2010

Hi there folks,
I am a hobby photographer from Birmingham, and now in my dotage, I have started to make the occasional video for YouTube, to amuse myself and show off my guitar skills.! Yeah... okay! I know.

A5t the moment I am using a Logitech Webcam to make the videos. It's okay, but sometimes the refresh rate is jerky.

I could use my Nikon 5400, but that has only 3 minutes movie-time, which isn't long enough for most jazz numbers.

I have used a Fuji compact with video facility, but that records lots of background noise and from echoes.

So which if any movie-camera will accept a bypass of the built-in mike? That would enable me to feed in a signal from from the line-out of my sound mixer/sound card. So I record direct, sound and vision without any external noise.
Has anyone any knowledge of such a video camera. It doesn't have to be high end, so long as I can download the resulting video to my PC, where I can convert it for uploading to YouTube.

Thanks In Anticipation.

Regards
'Hookie' Walker.

Nontek 11:01 03 Nov 2010
  RobCharles1981 11:27 03 Nov 2010

I'm an avid youtube user and I use the Sony HDR SR10E Its a Handycam which records in full HD and 5.1 Surround sound one of the best cameras I brought!

Picwayze 11:49 03 Nov 2010

Thanks you folks.
Your help is much appreciated.
At least I have somewhere to start. The front facing monitor on the Canon is also an added bonus.
Much obliged

regards

Hookie.

Nontek 15:13 03 Nov 2010

The monitor can of course be flipped, to view either side.

Paddylad 19:15 03 Nov 2010

Hi, I bought a Busbi digital video camera last year and get great results from it. It's about
10cm x 5cm x2cm. Type the words into Google and have a look at it. I can make movies up to a little over 2 hours.

woodchip 19:44 03 Nov 2010

What about one of these, click here=
Price only reflected in more storage card. click on one to get info

GaT7 20:09 03 Nov 2010

Good find woodchip :-). Can't go wrong for the price!

Some good user reviews at click here & click here (click on the authors' names to read). G

Picwayze 18:47 04 Nov 2010

Thanks again. Problem solved and all the advice and help appreciated.

Regards
Hookie

Nontek 19:02 04 Nov 2010

Good, thanks for your feedback- it would be of interest to know which was your final choice !

woodchip 22:07 04 Nov 2010

May get one myself for £20

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?