Small lettering printouts

TERCOL 20:03 18 Sep 2008

I have a phone account with talktalk and use talktalk free version broadband, I have elected to have my phone bill sent via email every month , a saving of £1.25 per month, I am running windows xp and using outlook express, my problem Is that when Informed by email that my bill Is ready I open the email then click on the paperclip which opens up and displays my bill, but when I print It out It prints out in very small print which I find very dificult to read, can anyone out there tell me an easy way ( If there Is one )how to get It to print out In larger text.
tercol

ronalddonald 20:32 18 Sep 2008

could try copy and paste onto word and then increas the size form thhere and print it out. It might work

ronalddonald 20:33 18 Sep 2008

copy and pasting onto word and from there you can enlarge the font etx and print it from there

ronalddonald 20:34 18 Sep 2008

sory for the doub;le post to your thread

TERCOL 20:46 18 Sep 2008

Thanks ronalddonald, tried your sugestion but It just finished up in one long column down the left hand side of screen.got to go now, will be back on tomorrow (Frid)

Kevscar1 07:17 19 Sep 2008

Try going to format columns and make sure it shows one. For some reason mine is defaulted at 2 which means it prints down the left side.
This will not show up unless the item you are printing is longer than 1 column

TERCOL 18:43 19 Sep 2008

Tried your idea Kevscar but set to one column, thanks anyway

jack 19:42 19 Sep 2008

File Print preview - increase the percentage size to 125% or 150 % or to a size that suits.
The bigger the size the more pages you need to print.
Also pay attention to the pager numbering the 1st page which is going to be full of headers and banners -so when you click on print select ;Print From' and select the pages you need.

TERCOL 20:24 19 Sep 2008

Hi jack
that seems to get the text size that i can now read ( can only do 100% or 150% so chose the former ) the only problem now is that down the right hand side it is a narrower blank margin than what is down the left hand side so cutting out some of the text, but we seem to be getting there.got to go again now but will be back on tomorrow (sat)

jack 08:34 20 Sep 2008

Like this
[IMG]click here[/IMG]

Cant visualize the margin business you are experiencing.
Try a print it may come right there.
Othertwise you may have to play a bit.

Noels 09:13 20 Sep 2008

I don't know if this will help but at the bottom right hand corner of my screen is a little magnifying glass with 100% and a down pointing arrow. If I click on the arrow I get various zoom levels which increase the size of everything on the screen.I'm not sure if this applies to all computers but I frequently use this facility.
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?