Small form factor PC for £500?

stevo135+ 18:16 01 Feb 2011

Hi everyone.
I am looking to buy a new desktop PC, and i would like to get a package with a nice flat panel 22" monitor and a small compact base unit. My needs are quite basic, and i don't need a massive hard drive storage ability, or intend on gaming etc.

What i do need is something quiet, small and good for just downloading music, internet browsing, and i'd quite like a system with a digital TV tuner built in, and if im being fussy a blue ray player would be cool to have, but not essential.

My budget is £500 and i would like a nice monitor and keyboard included in the price really. I don't know where to look to get the best value or best performing machines, but i know that Dell do a SFF Inspiron 560S that i've seen, and i'm told that Acer and HP also make some nice small compact units too. I don't mind if the base unit is tall and thin or is more box shaped, as i think either design if compact would fit in the space i have available.
Any reccomendations for machines up to my max budget would be great!

Cheers
Steve.

northumbria61 21:07 01 Feb 2011

Some here for consideration with decent specs.
click here

northumbria61 21:10 01 Feb 2011

Acer and HP do make some nice looking SFF ones.
There are 11 pages so plenty for you to look at.

rdave13 21:10 01 Feb 2011

I hate 'Small form factor' PCs.
You may as well buy a hefty laptop.

northumbria61 12:03 03 Feb 2011

rdave13 - I agree with your comments. I wouldn't consider one but "stevo135+" appears to be limited for space. They look okay but that's about all.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:48 03 Feb 2011

I have just set up two of these Dells click here and they are a seriously good, space saving design. There is one with a smaller screen for under £500 but the non- touch screen one is superb quality.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?