A small (3mmx6mm) Firefox issue.

cocteau48 11:29 06 Oct 2008

I think that we've all seen this at some point : a line of text from one web page carries forward to the next web page while it is loading.
For example I've just been on the MetOffice site and hovering the mouse over a cloud symbol generates a small text pop up "Light rain"
When I then move on to another website I still get the "light rain" pop up while the page is loading.
Click on it and it disappears immediately - leave it alone and it goes in about 3/4 seconds.
I have,however and only in he last couple of days, suddenly started to get this a lot (it only occurs in Firefox - not IE) and most of the time there is no text in the pop-up - just a small white rectangular box about 3mmx6mm appears next to the cursor while the page is loading.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what may cause this and is there a way of stopping it?

(Running Vista Home Premium - have tried an Acronis restore from a week ago,which is well before it started,with no successful outcome and have also tried going back to Firefox 3.0.2 in case it was an issue with the latest release)

cocteau48 17:42 06 Oct 2008

Culprit discovered ....... Foxmarks!

cocteau48 18:01 06 Oct 2008

Oops!.... not Foxmarks at all ... it's actually the
Google Toolbar 5.0.2008.0919 (beta).
Returned to previous version and all solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?