.......Slowed down!

Stowit 20:10 28 Jan 2006

My old AGP graphics card stopped working & I reverted to my on board graphics for a spell. I got a replacement, however haveing fitted it, BB connection - mail & IE both have gone incredibly slow. Using this Pc (same connection, -wireless modem/router) has not. Obviously the change has done something to the network. I ran registry mechanic to no avail. Any helpfull advise welcome. Thanks

howard63 20:22 28 Jan 2006

have you deleted all references to the old agp card if not the two sets of drivers could be fighting each other

Stowit 20:35 28 Jan 2006

I think so, but there's also the on board stuff. I think all the other stuff's off.

howard63 20:43 28 Jan 2006

I would do a search for the old agp name as if it just died there is no way of uninstalling it as it is no longer present. You might even have to search the registry for it and remove all references. It may well be that you need to run the sfc /scannow and let it sort out files.

Stowit 20:47 28 Jan 2006

sfc?

howard63 12:28 29 Jan 2006

this is a diagnostic and repair utility built into windows. It will ask for your xp cd and repair/replace any files it finds that have been corrupted.

Stowit 12:40 30 Jan 2006

Poor memory - mine not the Pc, I think I've had this before. The cure remove the wireless card then refit. Something to do with the 'card addreses' clashing. Either way that resolved it. I think I need re-booting. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?