Slow Tiscali?

ened 13:45 23 Jul 2006

Ever since I woke up this morning I can't get a faster speed than 0.3 Mbps. Usually it is around 0.9.

Has anybody else experienced problems today?

VoG II 13:49 23 Jul 2006

Status page click here indicates no problem.

ened 14:03 23 Jul 2006

Thanks for that VoG™

I am in Cornwall and am interested to know if anyone else is experiencing slow speeds before I report it to Tiscali.

ened 16:59 23 Jul 2006

Well my speed is now down to less than 0.2 so it appears to be deteriorating.

Any comments or advice would be much appreciated, even if it is to say thios is to be expected.

kevinjuan 18:06 23 Jul 2006

Probably not related, but I noticed that my connection is now at 576kbps. for the last 6 months it has been 1.1M.

ened 06:49 24 Jul 2006

Normal service has been resumed, but not before Tiscali Tech. support tried to have me virtually stripping my Hard Drive apart.

What is it with these ISPs that they immediately try to pass the buck back to the customer when they must know they have a problem all along?

brewersfan 12:44 24 Jul 2006

We've been having the same problem for a couple of days in the midlands, today included, sometimes with no connection speed at all.

Wrote an email to Tiscali asking what they thought was an acceptable connection speed - they replied with a standard letter telling us to download DrTCP to optimise the connection and ring the 0870 number.

Luckily our 12 month contract is up so we will look at shopping around again very soon.

ezypcy 12:58 24 Jul 2006

Presuming that your local line can handle more than
1.1Mbps then ,if you are with Tiscali, you can
upgrade for free to 2.3Mbps.
Just a shame they don't upgrade it automatically!
See their web site.

ened 17:10 24 Jul 2006

Thanks for that ezypcy but I am on the 12:99 package and it doesn't appear to be offering the free upgrade.

I am about to start another thread to try to ascertain what speeds should be expected.

ezypcy 22:10 24 Jul 2006

ened what contract have you got?
Would it be worth paying £14.99 for the faster 2.3?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?