Slow Speed when downloading games on my PS3

julius44 17:40 22 Feb 2009

Hi there, I purchased the fantastic PS3 yesterday from Argos and it came with 2 games. The setup was abreeze, and it was so easy to set up everthing, and i was up and running under 10 mins. I have a desktop, and a wireless router and everything was and is fine.
BUT, i have a 2mb internet connection, and i can download demo games from the PS3 FOR FREE,but they take hours to download. Intitally i was downloading the games wirelessly, and it took about 8 hours for me to get killzone 2, and FEAR 2, ...i've connected it with the ehthernet cable, and it seems slightly better now but its still taken me over 5 hours or more to download just 1 demo of a game. I'm not even downloading full games yet!!!! Could the problem be with my 2mb broadband speed please???

MAT ALAN 19:23 22 Feb 2009

Could the problem be with my 2mb broadband speed please???

More than likely, although you have 2meg you will probably not even acheive that as most ISP's are stated as running "UP TO" this limit...
I think the only real option you have is to upgrade your connection speed with your chosen provider or move to another that may offer a better deal...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017