Slow slow internet loading

sarumboy 21:10 20 Jul 2008

Anyone help with a pc problem I have? It takes forever to load a page from the internet, sometimes as long as 2 or 3 minutes during which time the mouse/cursor is inoperative. The problem has got slowly worse over the last couple of weeks. On non internet operation everything is fine and fast. I've checked modem speeds, which are 0.51mb download and 0.23mb upload. I have Vista and MS Internet Browser. Any clues folks? Thanks for any help, Sarumboy.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:24 20 Jul 2008

have you cleared your Internet Cache?

Use C Cleaner click here

to clear the temporary internet files and clean the registry.

ambra4 21:35 20 Jul 2008

Have you power of the modem and power it back on

birdface 00:46 21 Jul 2008

Try right clicking local area connection and press repair.If it comes up with a DNS cache problem go into command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns [small gap after ipconfig and forward slash or it will not work] Press enter and it should come up saying DNS cache has been flushed.

sarumboy 08:47 21 Jul 2008

Thanks for your replies fellas, but Buteman, where do I find 'local area connection'?

Swampy 08:57 21 Jul 2008

Hi Sarumboy.
Try Control Panel - Network Connections

Swampy 09:00 21 Jul 2008

Sorry, should have said double click on Network Connections and then right click Local Area Connections

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?