Slow scrolling on new PC

ElwoodPDowd 00:07 10 May 2004

Hi. I have just purchased a new PC. It's an AMD Athlon 64 3200. Installed XP professional and all is well, the PC is running really fast but there's one small problem. It is scrolling really slowly, like really sluggish. And the same when I pick up a window and move it, it moves "jerkily" and slow.

I have "smooth scrolling" enabled. I have run virus checks and adaware and all-sorts and everything is clear. I have an old monitor and will be getting a new tft in the next few days, could this be the problem. Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks
Rob

Djohn 00:27 10 May 2004

It may be due to the settings in your mouse control. Try Start/Control panel/Printers and other hardware/Mouse and click on the motion tab.

Move the slider toward the right and see if this improves things. j.

ElwoodPDowd 00:51 10 May 2004

I don't have a "motion" tab under "mouse"

ElwoodPDowd 00:54 10 May 2004

Ah sorry, found it.

My pointer now goes really fast but the scrolling is just the same :(

Djohn 01:01 10 May 2004

Are you using a wheel mouse for scrolling or is it from the scroll bar on the right of the window? if it's the wheel then there should be a setting in mouse properties to adjust the scrolling from 1-4 lines at each movement of the wheel.

hugh-265156 01:11 10 May 2004

have you installed the motherboard drivers and graphics card drivers?

Djohn 01:17 10 May 2004

Can you let us know the make/model of your present monitor please? Also if you right click your mouse on the desktop and choose properties/settings/advanced.

Click on the monitor tab and see what is displayed, then on the adaptor tab, click on the button "List all modes" and see what your refresh rate and resolution is set at.

After you've had a look just click on cancel to each screen until back to your desktop and no settings will be changed. j.

Djohn 01:17 10 May 2004

Morning huggyg71 ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?